We express here who the grand old lady of Cricklewood NW2 is to us. Cricklewood is a place where all cultures, all roads, all railways (not very many tubes) and, ultimately, all consciousness meets. Even if you don't live in Cricklewood, you can now take a little bit of Cricklewood away with you.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Beach

A literary piece for the many romantics in Cricklewood

I am strolling along the bright cream sands of a far away beach, breathing the salty air, seeing you everywhere.

A wave crashes onto a rock in the soft wet sand near my feet. It makes me jump as the sand and spray surges over the rock and across everything in sight. You are there in the spray, coyly flashing me a smile as you confidently stride from the elevator. The world falls at your feet. I am forever touched.

The sun is beating down on me. It warms me all over. I feel strong. Your eucalypt eyes are there in the rays of light. They warm my soul.

Slowly the droplets of spray form round circles of white salt on my skin. I taste one with my tongue. Nobody is here to see. My mind flashes to the taste of your lips.

There are no people but I am not alone here. The beauty of nature is all around. Your smile accompanies me, reflected in the smile of this untouched world.

The warm water and wet sand merge and run over my feet, enveloping and massaging my skin. I think of your soft figure beside mine, close, as we sleep. I reach out to hold you but feel only the warmth of the sun.

I sink into the soft white sand and the beach sinks into me. Infinity stretches out before me. My heart swells as I gaze on our future, rising up ahead. Your face is there before me. I stroke the hair away from your eyes, behind your ears. You move a little closer.

My feet slide over the sand and I feel its contours. My hands ache for your smooth soft brown skin. As my toes dig into the sand, they uncover the glossy speckled surface of a perfect cowrie shell. You remove your shoes. It’s the first time. You are perfect. In every possible way, you are perfect.

The water draws me to it. I lose myself in it. A perfect wave rises before me and I push off the hard sand, propelling myself powerfully forward, the water pushing against my face, rushing hard against my legs. I feel excited, driving through the freedom of the sea. And now I am lost in the fervour of your eyes, the excitement of my soul, the anticipation of love as we explore our spirits, sitting side by side in front of a crowded bar where there is no-one else in the world.

I stand up and feel the waves washing over me. I relax and let them take control, surrendering to them. I feel your deep kisses taking hold of my soul, invading my mind, stealing my spirit forever.

I emerge from under the water to the brightness of a clear blue sky. I am floating now, water lapping against my cheeks, baking in the summer sun. The water supports me as I relax into it. I am sharing my life. I am together with you. We are relaxed in our deepest mutual trust.

As I make my way back to the shore, the water falls beneath me. I look over to the distant green cape. It is a wall of rock, spilling over with lush forest that runs forever to the land. You are there too. Your strong supple body, full of health, full of life.

The water, once a rich deep blue is now dappled by the orange glow of the setting sun. The water sparkles like your happy soul. I am free. I could do anything. I can be anyone. You and I are running together along another deserted beach. We feel free together.

I am walking through the streets of Cricklewood. You are holding me tight, smiling into my eyes. We stop in the middle of the crowded street and lose ourselves in a passionate kiss. As I hold you, I breathe your scent and become lost in the beauty of your nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home